Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Early Mornings

I am not a morning person.  That's a massive understatement.  I don't do mornings.  I need 2 cups of coffee and a good 30-45 minutes to sit, sip and slowly get mentally prepared for the day.  My love is another story.  He wakes up, heads straight to the kitchen for breakfast and the day is off and running.  I'm quite proud that Parker has been well trained to play quietly in his crib until mommy is ready to get him... in the morning, after naptime... even timeouts (but that's a post for another day).  Parker takes after me.  He needs to be allowed to wake up before we get him.  The Chernobyl style meltdown that will occur if he's gotten too soon... well... we RARELY risk that any longer.  It helps that Parker naturally doesn't wake before 7am which gives me adequate warning/time to wake up.

Logan is another story. Logan is his father.  He wakes way too early and immediately begins squalking for me to arise and fetch him.  Seriously, he could be part rooster he's so good at waking the house.  Lol.  So this morning I heard the summons begin around 0515.  I kept waiting, praying that Justin would go settle him back down.  The yelling and continued complaints about the poor service continued. Where is Justin?!? I rolled over and tried to press through... but Logan has a touch of my stubbornness and wasn't backing down.  Sigh.  0615.  My reward for not turning off the baby monitor and going back to sleep was an extra cup of coffee.  (insert entertained rolling of eyes)

But there's something interesting I've discovered about the wee hours of the morning... something that I find charming.  The sun is soft.  The birds are chirping.  The potential for the day is just waiting to be discovered.  It's somewhat intriguing and captivating.  So perhaps my early morning baby is the Lord's kind way of showing me the wonders that I miss out on so many mornings... but don't tell Logan, lest he get the crazy idea to make this a regular thing.


0 comments: