Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter 2011

Growing up, each Easter morning I would wake to find a basket of goodies (normally waiting on my nightstand).  We would go to church and afterwards there were the traditional "Easter" activities: dying eggs (nevermind that I can't stand hard boiled eggs), egg hunts and a special dinner.
When Justin and I were married (as does every married couple), we began discussing how to make each holiday our own.  We've wrestled with how we will allow our kids to still partake in fun events like an egg hunt... but while separating it from Easter and making it clear that the Easter bunny has NOTHING to do with Easter.  We haven't come to any conclusions... any suggestions are welcomed :)  Since Parker is so little this year, I made up a basket of goodies for him and one for Justin.  Parker definitely loves finding new toys to stick in his mouth!  He's at that stage where EVERYTHING goes in his mouth!  Ha.

 Gerber Puffs & his new toy ball...
 He has started making so many faces at us!  I love this face!  It's as if he's saying "What?  Is that all I get?"
Leaving for Easter service!  He was in a great mood so instead of screaming straight through service, he played (relatively) quietly and I got to hear the sermon for the first time in 2 months!

1 comments:

Tara G. said...

What a smile!! We have "spring day" for baskets- pictures on the Shutterfly site. Usually, it's the first day of spring; I was late this year. For Easter, we hide the eggs and then go through them- Benjamin's Box is a cute book that uses those. We have a lot of other books, a felt board, and a game we keep out in the weeks leading up to Easter.